Wednesday, September 16, 2009

up your nose!

i was at whole foods to pick up 4 things; oats, quinoa, lemons and garlic when all of a sudden i found myself impulsively adding a neti pot to my basket. i'd heard my sister talk about this ancient nasal irrigation device as well as many yoga teachers and i felt it was time to get my nasal passages clear once and for all!

and it really works! it's a bit strange at first, but once I got the hang of it, I know it will be a part of my daily routine. and for anyone who is doubtful, it was featured on oprah. so it must be great!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Andrew swears by the neti pot but the first time I used it, it actually gave me a double ear infection! I definitely didn't use it correctly; I guess I'm "special" like that. And now I'm scared of it.

Rebs said...

Im alarmed that you would blog about this...my mom uses the baby squirters that parents use to clean their babies boogies out of their nose. She squirts warm salt water up her nose and through her sinuses...and then it comes back out. This method seems to get the liquid up better than the neti pot.

Unknown said...

dude i totally rock not the neti pot, but the other thing that is less awkward but still equally awkward, its squirty. it totally works.

Phil said...

FYI, bourbon is a bad thing to use in a neti pot. Not that I've ever done that...