Monday, March 9, 2009

speared!


i bought a bunch of asparagus on saturday morning.

after kickball, I cooked some spelt in olive oil with some garlic and red pepper--added sauteed asparagus and cremini mushrooms and a good bit of lemon juice. topped it with some parmesan cheese and enjoyed a snack! 

later that evening I was biking home from a talent show in which I jumproped.  a car full of drunken "cool-people" pulled up behind me and smacked me in the back with cardboard boxes.  as I picked up the boxes that had fallen onto Walnut Street...

...one of the boxes was an empty asparagus box!

4 comments:

Phil said...

At least the ***holes of the world are eating better nowadays...

Perhaps this will cheer you up?

Anonymous said...

that actually happens? who does that? besides, obviously, "cool people"...

alfa foxtrot said...

jump rope for heart!

Rebs said...

people are so cruel. But I love how things go full circle! These alleged cool people must have known how much better your asparagus snacks were in comparison to theirs. They probably just blanched theirs. how BORING.